Saturday, August 29, 2009

Outside Home Improvement

Last night I had a few people over for a shindig (not a party). We had a great time hanging out under a lit tent, playing drinking games and enjoying each others company. I set my tent up in the yard part of the backyard (the part with grass versus the patio). We have a nice bricked patio area, but it was overrun with weeds. I didn't have enough time to pull them all up. Today, I remedied the backyard situation. I also made my own weed solution to make sure that the weeds didn't come back.

Recipe:

4 parts Water
1 part dish washing soap
(not the dishwasher kind)
salt

I used an old spay bottle to spray down the patio once I was finished with my weeding. You want to make sure to spray the area that you want dead. This solution will kill the soil, so you don't want to use it in a yard. It will kill your grass in addition to the weeds.


The yard before picture.



The after picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment