Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Organizing Crafts

If you've been following im26nowwhat.blogspot.com you know that my room was recently flooded. After the room was dried and new carpet was installed I used the opportunity to move my room around a bit. I dedicated a corner of the room to my crafts. I decided that I needed more storage room. I was on the verge of buying something when I stumbled across craft tutorials for advent calendars. Then it hit me. If You can use fabric pockets to countdown the days of advent, I could use them to store my crafts!

For this project I needed one large piece of fabric to be the backing. I already had this on hand. i then cut out assorted square and rectangle shaped pieces of fabric to use as the pockets. I used all different fabric scraps that I had on hand. You can choose to keep your pockets all the same.


I also decided I wanted to frame my project. It just gives it a more defined and finished look. I happened to have this frame laying around. I was glad to finally put it to use. You definitely don't need a frame for this project though. You can just use thumbtacks to hang it up.

Here is my finished project! (You can also see storage my totes in the pictures. )

Some of my pockets ended up a little crooked, but they served my purposes so I didn't bother to re-sew them. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment