Monday, February 15, 2010

"Store Bought" Bows

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I misplaced my camera cord, but now that I have found it the posts can continue. This is a quick post on how to make a paper bow. You can jazz up any wrapping with a bow you make yourself!

You'll need:
A page from a magazine
Scissors
Double sided tape
Staples

I chose a page that had a lot of one color in it. And yes, this is an ad for cat food, but look at all the green!


Next I cut out 7 strips of paper. 3 long, 3 medium, 1 small


With the small strip, roll it into a circle and tape it in place.

With all the longer pieces make a figure 8 (or infinity) shape. Staple them in place. You want to make sure the 3 longer pieces all make a figure 8 about the same size, and the same for the 3 medium pieces.

Next nestle the 3 longest pieces in each other and staple in place

Finally nestle the 3 medium pieces in place and staple. Add the circular piece with a piece of double sided tape. Use double sided tape to attach to a gift!
This is a super easy project that take about 5 minutes to make, and in the long run can save you money, and really personalize a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment